Full Street Closure on Flower Street 10/25
- The Rock & Roll Halloween Half Marathon will occur on Sunday,
10-25-15 from approximately 7:00 am to 11:30 am.
- There will be a FULL STREET closure of Flower Street from 6:00 am to 12:45 pm from 3rd Street to 9th Street.
- The race will begin at Staples Center, proceed SB on Figueroa St, WB on Exposition Blvd., SB on Bill Roberson Lane, NB on Exposition Park Drive, EB on Exposition Blvd., NB on Figueroa St., EB on West Pico Blvd., NB on Flower St., EB on 11th St., NB on Hope St., WB on Olympic Blvd., NB on Flower St., EB on 3rd St., SB on Central St., EB on 6th St.to the 5 Fwy, and then reverse the same course to the finish line back to Staples Center.
- In addition, several fwy off-ramps on the 101 Fwy and the 110 Fwy will be closed FROM ~ 6 am TO ~ 1 pm.
- Please note that no vehicles will be allowed to cross the race course at any time.
- 15,000 participants are expected with an equal amount of spectators too 30,000 total).
- Most runners will finish the course by 11:30 am so Flower Street may reopen by 12:00 pm.
- The Flower Street entrance to the Westlawn Garage will be closed during the race, however, access will be maintained through the Grand Ave. driveway which will be open for this event.
- Parking will also be available at the Olive Street Garage staff parking facility. No permit will be required for this day only.
- If you take public transportation, check the website of your provider as there will be route cancellations and detours and delays due to this event.
It is highly recommended that you approach the Central Library from the south via the 10 Fwy and then proceed NB on Olive St., Hill St., Broadway, or San Pedro St, then WB on 5th Street, then SB on Grand Ave. to reach the Grand Ave. driveway.
- Currently, there is no information regarding this event on the LADOT website.
- The information on the R & R Halloween Half Marathon website can be convoluted at times with different links to two different race course maps. The attached race course map is accurate.
- For some unknown reason, the street closure grid with closure times has been deleted from their website even though it was there Monday morning. For that reason, attached you will find the 2014 version and just note that the date for this year’s event is 10-25-15 and not 10-26-14. All other information on this grid is the same for 2015.