STREET CLOSURES—EMD Full Scale Earthquake Disaster Exercise West Adams District
Please be advised of the following event that will occur in the West Adams District of South Los Angeles:
- The EMD will be conducting a large full-scale earthquake disaster exercise on Saturday April 30, 2016 that will simulate an 8.0 magnitude earthquake with disaster response and recovery.
- The event will take place 9 am to 3 pm.
- The exercise will involve several thousand volunteers and hundred’s of first responders from the EMD, LAFD, LAPD, FEMA and various other emergency response organizations.
- Several streets will be closed and traffic in the area will be jammed.
- Afterwards, a Public Safety Fair will be held Benny H. Potter West Adams Avenues Memorial Park.
- 5,000 to 10,000 people are expected to attend the event.
Please see the attached announcement and map of areas to avoid if you do not want to get caught up in the traffic.